Save time and money with this weeknight staple at only $0.88 per serving!
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp black pepper
¹⁄³ cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
½ lb farfalle pasta
1 cup frozen peas
¾ cup cooked ham, cut into ¼-inch dice
1. In a bowl or a jar with a sealing lid, combine lemon juice, pepper, olive oil, half the cheese, and a pinch of salt. Cover and shake well; set aside.
2. Bring about 4 quarts water to a boil on high heat. Add 1 Tbsp salt to water. Add pasta and set timer for 2 minutes less than package directions.
3. When timer sounds, add peas and ham to boiling pasta and set timer for 2 more minutes.
4. Strain all together, draining well. Place in a bowl.
5. Add lemon juice and oil dressing. Mix well and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Serves 4. Per serving: 490 calories, 50g carbs, 18g protein, 24g fat, 30mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 3g fiber
Total Estimated Cost: $3.50
Photo by: Jim Franco