ingredients: Add all to shopping list
½ cup (1 stick) softened, unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan
Juice of ½ lemon, divided
1 lb pears (Concorde or Anjou), cored and sliced ½ inch thick
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
At a glance:
1 hr 45 min
1. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Squeeze half the lemon juice over pears.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. With an electric mixer, cream ½ cup butter and 1 cup sugar on medium until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Beat in flour mixture on low until batter just comes together. Spread in pan. Wrap and chill for at least 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange pears in tight concentric circles on top of dough. Squeeze remaining lemon juice evenly over pears.
5. In a bowl, mix 2 Tbsp sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle over pears. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until edges are golden and center is set.
6. Cool tart in pan for 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edge. Remove sides of pan.
- Try serving this with softened vanilla or cinnamon ice cream, or with cinnamon whipped cream. To make the latter, whip some heavy cream with a pinch of cinnamon.
- You can serve the tart warm or at room temperature.
- Wrap in plastic and keep overnight at room temp. Or refrigerate for longer storage.
Serves: 8. Per Serving: 320 calories, 50g carbs, 4g protein, 13g fat, 75mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 2g fiber