Photo by: Mark Lund for Parade
You’ll love the way the aroma fills up the whole house on a cold winter day. Feel free to use a little more ground beef to make even more meatballs.
"[This] was one of the dinners my mother made all the time. She died when I was 12, so I didn’t have that much time with her, but she taught me how to make meatballs. That was kind of my job, and I really looked forward to it. I would come home from school, wash my hands, and get to work browning them in the pan." Read more...
ingredients: Add all to shopping list
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp olive oil
At a glance:
1. Combine bread crumbs and water.
2. Stir in eggs, Parmesan, herbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Add meat; mix well.
4. With wet hands, form 20 to 24 small balls.
5. Heat oil and cook meatballs until brown, turning regularly, over low to medium heat.
6. Place meatballs on paper towels to absorb any oil.
7. Heat sauce to a boil. Lower to a simmer, add meatballs, and cook, loosely covered, for 30 to 40 minutes.
8. Serve with spaghetti.
Serves 6. Per serving: 290 calories, 17g fat, 120mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 19g protein, 13g carbs