Beef up your summer menu with these savory sandwiches.
ingredients: Add all to shopping list
6 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp salt
1½ lb boneless beef sirloin steak
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
2 onions, sliced thin
6 crusty sandwich rolls
Curly green lettuce leaves
At a glance:
25 min, plus marinating time
1. In a small bowl, stir 4 Tbsp oil, vinegar, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper to taste.
2. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag; add marinade. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
3. In a small bowl, mix mayo, mustard, and horseradish. Cover and refrigerate.
4. Cook onions in 2 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium, stirring, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
5. Grill steak, turning once, to desired doneness. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice ½ inch thick. Spread mustard sauce on rolls. Fill with lettuce and steak; top with onions.
Serves 4. Per serving: 540 cal, 52g carbs, 32g protein, 23g fat, 45mg chol, 710mg sodium, 6g fiber
Total cost: $15.43