These juicy, colorful beef kebabs will brighten up a weeknight meal, or your backyard cookout
ingredients: Add all to shopping list
3 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1½-inch cubes
3 bell peppers (one of each: red, orange, yellow), cut into 1-inch squares
At a glance:
25 min, plus marinating time
1. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water, 15 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, and salt.
3. Place beef in a resealable 1-gallon freezer bag; add marinade. Marinate 1 hour in refrigerator.
4. Remove beef cubes from marinade and thread on wooden skewers, alternating with bell peppers. Discard marinade.
5. Grill kebabs 6–8 minutes, turning once, until beef reaches desired doneness and vegetables soften and brown.
Serves 4. Per serving: 230 cal, 6g carbs, 26g protein, 11g fat, 60mg chol, 170mg sodium, 2g fiber
Total cost: $12.18