The former Queen of Daytime, now host of Deadly Affairs, shares her grandmother's recipe for Apple Cake (or as her grandmother used to call it, "Apple Kuchen"). "What some people don't know about me is my passion for cooking." she says in an interview with PARADE, "Holding the scotched-taped pages of my grandmother's Fannie Farmer Cookbook brought back so many childhood memories of spending time with her in the kitchen. This was one of those favorite recipes we shared together."
Click here to read more of PARADE's interview with Susan Lucci
ingredients: Add all to shopping list
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar, divided
1 egg, well beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
5 tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
1/2 tsp cinnamon
At a glance:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8x2 or 10x6x2 pan with parchment paper, or grease pan with butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, and butter. Stir mixture gently into dry ingredients.
4. Pour batter 3/4 inch thick into baking pan. On top of batter, apple wedges in parallel rows.
5. Mix 1/2 cup sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until apples are tender.