This simple slow cooker pot roast costs less than $2.50 per serving.
Find this and more featured in 7 Days of Satisfying Slow-Cooked Meals
1. If using a Dutch oven, preheat oven to 325°F. In the Dutch oven, heat oil over medium high. Brown the meat, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Add onions; cook for 5 more minutes. Add garlic; cook for another minute.
2. If using slow cooker, transfer the meat and onion mixture to it. Add remaining ingredients except sour cream. Cover and set cooker on low heat setting. If using a Dutch oven for entire time, cover and place in oven.
3. Cook 4½ hours. Remove Dutch oven from oven or turn off the slow cooker. Remove meat; rest on cutting board.
4. With a slotted spoon, remove potatoes to a bowl. Add sour cream; smash with wooden spoon. Season with salt, if desired.
5. Slice beef; serve with broth on top and potatoes in a bowl.
Serves 8. Per Serving: 780 calories, 10g carbs, 22g protein, 5g fat, 60mg cholesterol, 1290mg sodium, 3g fiber
Total Estimated Cost: $19.61
Next up: Beef Bourguignon