1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, juice, oil, eggs, zest, and coloring. Beat with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
3. Scoop 24 (2-inch) circles of batter onto cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cakes before filling.
4. Beat shortening and marshmallow cream in a large bowl. Add sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on high for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
5. Spread filling on flat side of 12 cakes. Sandwich each with flat side of another cake. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Makes 12. Per Pie: 520 cal, 64g carbs, 3g protein, 28g fat, 55mg chol, 310mg sodium, 1g fiber
Total Cost: $5.72