Active Time: 30 min
Total Time: 4 hr 30 min (includes chilling time)
To make cheesecake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter with a fork until evenly moistened. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
3. Gently beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract until smooth using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in fat free yogurt, egg whites, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and flour until just mixed. Fold in 1 cup fresh blueberries and pour over graham cracker crust.
4. Place the cheesecake pan in a larger baking pan, about 9 x 12 inches with about an inch of water on the bottom to make a water bath. Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until center is almost set and remove. Cool to room temperature. Chill a few hours in the refrigerator.
For the blueberry sauce:
1. While the cheesecake cools, make the sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the 1 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup of water, 1/3 cup sugar and 1Tbsp lemon juice. Stir frequently, and bring to a low boil.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
3. Slowly stir the corn starch into the blueberries, taking care not to crush the blueberries. Simmer until the homemade blueberry sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and gently stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
To serve, after cheesecake has chilled, cut into 9 squares and top with blueberry sauce.
Serves 9. Per Serving: 190 calories, 28g carbs, 6.4g protein, 5.8g fat, 17mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 1.5g fiber
Gina Homolka is the author of the blog Skinny Taste, which features her low fat, family-friendly, healthy recipes and mouthwatering photography. For more, visit SkinnyTaste.com. For an exclusive sweet, skinny treat from Gina every month, check out her blog here on dash, Gina's Skinny Desserts.