Chipotle chiles mixed right in with the meat make for a super-flavorful patty. Cool coleslaw piled on top counters the heat from the adobo.
ingredients: Add all to shopping list
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp canned chipotle chiles in adobo, with sauce
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp salt
4 hamburger buns
4 leaves lettuce
1 tomato, sliced
At a glance:
1. Preheat grill for 15 minutes.
2. Season ground beef with chiles (including sauce), onion, and salt. Form into 4 patties.
3. Grill over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until burgers are well browned and a meat thermometer inserted into each patty registers 160°F.
4. Grill buns for about 30 seconds.
5. Serve burgers in buns with lettuce, tomato, and coleslaw.
Serves 4. Per serving (without toppings): 350 cal, 25g carbs, 25g protein, 17g fat, 70mg chol, 910mg sodium, 1g fiber