Active Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 8 to 10 hours (In a Slow Cooker)
1. For brisket, rub the brisket with both packages of pulled pork seasoning; set aside. In a 6-quart slow cooker, stir together barbecue sauce, applesauce, apple cider, horseradish, garlic, and ginger until combined. Add brisket, turning several times to coat. (If necessary, cut brisket to fit.)
2. Cover and cook on Low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.
3. Transfer brisket to a platter; let rest for 10 minutes. Pour cooking liquid into a medium saucepan; simmer over medium heat until sauce is reduced by at least half and is syrupy. Taste sauce for seasoning, adding salt, pepper, or more horseradish. While sauce is reducing, use two forks to shred brisket. Toss brisket with the sauce.
4. For coleslaw, in a medium bowl, toss the coleslaw mix with slaw dressing and sesame seeds. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
5. To serve, open a dinner roll and put some shredded brisket on it. Top the brisket with a heaping forkful of coleslaw. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from the book, Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Weeknight Wonders, by Sandra Lee. Copyright © 2009 SLSH Enterprises, Inc. www.sandralee.com
Next up: Turkey Sloppy Joes