1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a large pot, boil water for pasta with sea salt.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, deep iron or oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions, garlic, and dill for a few minutes until onions become glassy. Add half the bread crumbs and stir to toast evenly.
3. When the mixture is golden brown, add the broth and simmer on very low heat. Add pepper and stir. Add salt if needed. Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook per package directions. Drain.
4. Add the pasta to the skillet with the onion mixture. Fold in half of the grated cheese. Sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs and cheese on top.
5. Bake, uncovered, until a golden-brown crust forms, 20 to 24 minutes. Serve hot.
Serves 8. Per serving: 360 calories, 52g carbs, 16g protein, 10g fat, 15mg cholesterol.