1. Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
2. Arrange bread in dish. Sprinkle raisins and apricots on top.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add milk, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over bread, pressing gently to submerge slices.
4. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle on pudding.
5. Place a baking sheet with a 2-inch rim in oven; set baking dish on sheet. Add water to a depth of 1 inch.
6. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Serves: 8. Per Serving: 310 calories, 55g carbs, 11g protein, 6g fat, 105mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 1g fiber