1. Cut thawed, frozen puff pastry in half, and roll each half out on a lightly floured surface into a strip about 9 inches long.
2. Brush with 2 beaten egg yolks mixed with a little water, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of paprika and ¼ cup of grated cheddar cheese.
3. Cut the pastry into ¾-inch-wide strips with a sharp knife—uneven strips make the knobbliest fingers.
4. Press a pumpkin seed onto the tip of each to make a “fingernail.”
5. Bake on a lined baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes at 400°F or until lightly browned. Remove to racks to cool.
Tip: These can be frozen, unbaked, for up to 3 months in a sealed container. If cooking from frozen, add 3 to 5 minutes to the cooking time.