This healthy, gluten-and-dairy-free take on "mac and cheese" was developed by Al Roker’s nutritionist, Melissa Bowman Li.
In a candid interview with PARADE, Roker opens up about his longtime battle with emotional eating, his weight-loss ups and downs, and how he finally left crash diets behind. Click here to read more.
ingredients: Add all to shopping list
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 carrot, chopped
½ lb brown rice macaroni
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
Sea salt and pepper to taste
At a glance:
1. Steam squash and carrot until soft.
2. Meanwhile, cook and drain rice macaroni.
3. Puree squash and carrot with almond milk.
4. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add sauce to noodles and serve.
Reprinted from Never Goin' Back by Al Roker. Copyright (c) 2012. Published by NAL Hardcover. Available wherever books are sold.