Active Time: 25 min
Total Time: 3 hr 5 min (includes slow cooker time)
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook the onions for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté an additional minute.
2. Add the ground turkey meat, cumin, salt and chili powder and cook for 6-7 minutes until cooked through. Place turkey mixture aside and cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the egg and sour cream together. Add the cooled turkey mixture, carrots, corn and cilantro and mix to combine.
4. Spread 1 cup of salsa on the bottom of the slow cooker.
5. Layer 5 tortillas on top of the salsa, cutting them if necessary to fit the slow cooker and covering the salsa completely.
6. Place half the turkey mixture on top of the tortillas and top with 1 cups of salsa and ½ cup of cheese.
7. Add another layer of 3 tortillas on top of the cheese. Pour the remaining turkey mixture on top of the tortillas and top with another ½ cup of cheese.
8. Top the lasagna with another layer of tortillas, pour the remaining salsa on top and cover with 1 cup of cheese.
9. Cook on low for 2½ hours.
For more fantastic kid-friendly recipes like this one, visit Catherine's blog, Weelicious.com.