1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Microwave the spinach according to package directions. Drain, let cool, then squeeze dry. Transfer the spinach to a large bowl.
3. Meanwhile, to make the topping, combine the Pepper Jack cheese and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese in a small bowl until blended.
4. Pulse the artichoke hearts in a food processor until smooth. Transfer the artichokes to the bowl with the spinach. Stir in the remaining Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, ricotta, lemon juice, and ground red pepper until well mixed. Scrape into the prepared dish. Sprinkle evenly with the topping.
5. Bake, uncovered, until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Serve with the vegetable dippers.
Serves 16. Per Serving (1/4 cup without dippers): 140 cal, 7g carbs, 5g protein, 10g fat, 10mg chol, 500mg sodium, 2g fiber
**Materials have been reviewed by Diabetes Care Education, a dietetic practice group of the American Dietetic Association.
A good balance of the right foods, along with regular exercise and your prescribed medications, can help you feel better and stay healthier. As with any meal, remember to pay attention to portion size and enjoy every dish as part of your overall meal plan. You may need more or less carbohydrates each day depending on how you manage your diabetes. Work with your health care team to determine a meal plan that works for you.