Active Time: 10 min
Total Time: 4 hr 20 min (includes slow cooker time)
1. Combine the miso paste, tamari, sesame oil, water, and honey in a soup bowl or shallow dish.
2. Carefully coat each slice of tofu in the sauce and then lay it in the slow cooker insert, being careful not to break it. Pour the sauce over the top of the tofu.
3. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, or until the tofu is hot all the way through and saturated in sauce.
4. Just before serving, add the spinach to the slow cooker insert, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes more, or until the spinach is thoroughly wilted.
5. Carefully remove the spinach and slices of tofu from the slow cooker and place a few slices on each plate. Garnish with the sesame seeds and sliced green onion and serve hot.
Reprinted with permission from The Gourmet Vegetarian Slow Cooker: Simple and Sophisticated Meals from Around the World by Lynn Alley, copyright © 2010. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House, Inc.