1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the first 3 ingredients in a bowl and combine.
3. Place the butter and sugar in a standing mixer (or bowl using a hand mixer) and cream for 3-4 minutes until the butter is light and fluffy.
4. Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix for another minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
6. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
7. Roll 1 tsp of dough into a ball, about 1 inch, and place on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
8. Flatten each ball into a disk then bake for 15 minutes. Cool and serve.
Makes about 4 dozen
For more fantastic kid-friendly recipes like this, visit Catherine's blog, Weelicious.com.