Servings: Makes 24 2x4-inch crackers
Active Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar and molasses for about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides from time to time, until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Divide the dough into 8 portions and let rest for 30 minutes.
3. Take 4 portions, dust with flour and roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment to a uniform thickness of ⅛ inch. With a pizza cutter or knife cut the dough into 12 2-by-4 inch rectangles. Prick each rectangle in the middle with the tines of a fork. Dust a spatula with flour to gently move the rectangles onto a lined baking pan. Repeat with the other 4 portions of dough.
4. Dust the rectangles with the turbinado or granulated sugar. Refrigerate for 15 minutes while preheating the oven to 350°F.
5. Bake until lightly browned, about 8 to10 minutes, turning the pan at 4 minutes. Let cool.
Makes 24 2x4-inch crackers
Recipe courtesy of Boston's Back Deck restuarant. Back Deck offers professional grilled dishes in a laid-back city setting seven days a week. Friends and family meet for charcaol-grilled favorites inspired by the food served at casual cookouts along with porch-perfect cocktails, beer, and wine.