1. Prepare Ginger Marinade: Combine rice wine, ginger and sesame oil in a small bowl, set aside.
2. Prepare Sauce: Combine broth, rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, salt and cornstarch in a small bowl, set aside.
3. Using a sharp knife, score the shrimp lengthwise along the back to butterfly. Place in a bowl, add the Ginger Marinade, toss lightly, and let sit while preparing the other ingredients.
4. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus and cut into 1-inch lengths. Rinse and drain thoroughly. Mince the white parts of the scallions and cut the green parts into ½-inch lengths.
5. Heat a heavy skillet or wok over high heat until hot. Add 1 Tbsp of the oil and heat for about 20 seconds. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until cooked through, about 2½ minutes. Remove the shrimp and drain.
6. Wipe the pan and reheat with the remaining 1 Tbsp oil until hot. Add the minced scallion whites and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add the asparagus and ¼ cup water. Partially cover and cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender. Uncover, drain out any water, and add the Sauce, edamame, and scallion greens. Cook over high heat, stirring to prevent any lumps. Once the sauce thickens, return the shrimp and toss lightly to coat. Scoop onto a serving platter or into a bowl. Serve with steamed rice.
Reprinted from: Simple Asian Meals © 2012 by Nina Simonds. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc. Available wherever books are sold.