Active Time: 25 min
Total Time: 30 min (plus time to soak skewers)
1. Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes, to keep them from burning during grilling. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. In a large skillet, cook the bacon halfway to crispy but still pliable. Set aside on paper towels to cool.
3. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp and skewer the shrimp through the point where the bacon ends meet, to keep it intact. Spear 4 shrimp per skewer.
4. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a blender and puree. Divide the sauce in half, one batch for basting and one batch for dipping.
5. Grill the shrimp skewers until the shrimp begin to turn pink, about 5 minutes. Then baste with the sauce until the shrimp are cooked through, about 6–8 minutes in all. Serve the shrimp with the reserved sauce on the side.