Peanut butter cups and snack size chocolate bars transform into an awfully fun and "scary"-looking treat for kids to play with and enjoy. Make these with your friends and family this October, and if you're hosting a Halloween party, set up a table with the ingredients listed below where guests can make little werewolves of their own. Just be forewarned– involuntary howling at the moon may ensue!
Watch the video below to learn how to make them.
Ingredients: Large peanut butter cups, at room temperature
Mini peanut butter cups (I used Reese's Minis (not Miniatures) available in the candy aisle at supermarkets)
Black gel icing
Snack-size chocolate bars, cut into triangles for ears (see video above)
Red gel icing
Mini marshmallows, cut into triangles to make the fangs (see video above)
Note: To create an easy stand for your pops to sit in, press the popsicle sticks into a block of styrofoam, or a block of crumpled-up foil.
Directions: 1. To make the base of your pop: Carefully press a popsicle stick into the side of a soft, room temperature large peanut butter cup.
2. To make the snout: Using chocolate icing, attach a mini peanut butter cup to the large peanut butter cup.
3. For the eyes: Using chocolate icing, attach two confetti sprinkles onto the large peanut butter cup, and use black gel icing to give each eye a pupil.
4. For the ears: Attach two triangles of chocolate to the top of the large peanut butter cup with chocolate icing.
5. For the nose: Place a dot of black gel icing at the top of the mini peanut butter cup.
6. For the mouth: Using red gel icing, draw a mouth on the mini peanut butter cup. Place two marshmallow "fangs" into the red icing.
Do you have a creative treat idea you'd like to share or a question for Shannon? Email us!
Shannon McCook is dash's crafty associate editor whose appetite for play in the kitchen keeps our readers (and us) endlessly entertained. Find her daily on our Facebook page, or follow her on twitter@mccoooky.
Shoot us your kitchen queries, share your opinions, or just come and say "Hi!" on Facebook and on Twitter @dashrecipes
We’re here to bring you simple, fast, and delicious recipes that are not only family-friendly, but budget-friendly, too. In our grocery deal center, we help you save by showing you what’s on sale before you go to the store. To begin, please enter your zip code below.
Update your zipcode below to find simple, fast, delicious recipes that are connected to specials at your local grocery stores.
Select the grocery store(s) you shop at the most. As you browse our deal center, you’ll see what’s on sale at only those stores. You may modify or change this preference at anytime by updating your profile.