4 bananas, peeled
1 (12-oz) bag of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips
2 Tbsp canola oil
8 popsicle sticks (or strong wooden coffee stirrers)
1. Slice each banana in half and place a popsicle stick into the base of each half.
2. Place bananas in freezer for 15 minutes, just enough time to give them a chill as you prepare your other ingredients.
3. Place one 12-oz bag of chc, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips into a tall measuring cup with two tablespoons of canola oil. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir well until all chips are melted.
4. Choose the toppings for your bananas. We use sprinkles, walnuts, sliced almonds, coconut, crushed cookies, toffee bits, granola, the possibilities are endless. You can even try your child's favorite cereal.
5. After bananas have chilled for about 15 minutes, remove them from freezer. Dip each banana into chocolate coating and allow excess chocolate to drip off. Before the chocolate completely sets, immediately sprinkle bananas with your topping of choice. You may also roll bananas in the toppings as well.
6. Enjoy immediately, or store in the freezer in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
Makes 8 Pops